Is your liver crying out for help? Did you know that the two main roles of your liver are to break down toxins that enter the body and clear them out, and to help maintain good digestion. Two very important jobs that keep other areas of your health in check. Many people today have a high toxic load and overburdened livers. Could this be you?
An overloaded liver is far less efficient at detoxifying blood, therefore, many toxins recirculate through the body to impact your digestion and immune system, and trigger inflammation and disease.
Check out some things that contribute to toxic load:
- Environmental toxins (pollution in air and water, cigarette smoke, perfumes, chemicals, herbicides, pesticides)
- Dietary toxins
- Medications and drugs
Here are some signs that you need a detox
- Are you fatigued all the time? On a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 is high energy and 1 is low, anything less than a 7 is not optimal.
- Bloating with or without nausea?
- Constipation and headaches?
- Itchy or dry skin?
- Chronic infections?
Help is at hand!
Detoxing the body can be simple. You don’t need to do prolonged fasting or take purgative supplements that leave you feeling debilitated and close to the bathroom for days.
Two Simple steps to a happy, healthy liver.
- Lower your toxic load
- Eat unprocessed whole foods without additives. Organic where possible
- Avoid alcohol ( Join up for the Lotus Centre FEBFAST Now)
- Wash fruit and vegetables with vegetable brush
- Drink 1-2 litres of filtered water daily
- Drink a fresh detox vegie juice a day (beetroot, carrot, celery, ginger)
- Avoid or reduce coffee (no more than one a day). Drink more herb teas (peppermint, dandelion, chamomile, Green, nettle)
- Don’t smoke and avoid smoky environments.
- Avoid skin contact and fumes from chemicals, paints, herbicides and pesticides and nail varnish (wear a mask).
- Wear perfume on your clothes, not your skin
- Support liver function
- Eat leafy greens daily, they are high in B vitamins and detox the liver
- Take a high quality and potency Vitamin B complex tablet daily
- Take herbal medicines such as St Mary’s Thistle, Schizandra, Dandelion root, Astragalus and Fringe Tree to gently stimulate and support liver detox.
1 x Detox Tonic 200ml
(with St Mary’s Thistle, Schizandra and Dandelion root) and
1 x Eagle Activated Vitamin B Complex 50’s tablets
FREE Delivery on the northern beaches